Need to apply for Debt Consolidation, Credit Counselling, or see a Bankruptcy Trustee in Yellowknife?

May 22, 2019 | Consumer Proposal

Written by Crystal

Written by Crystal

Bankruptcy, Debt Consolidation and Credit Counselling

Considering bankruptcy in Yellowknife? What about debt consolidation or credit counselling? Are either of those good options to deal with debt? A Licensed Insolvency Trustee (LIT) – formerly known as a Bankruptcy Trustee – can provide the best advice in trying to determine what is appropriate for your situation. A Licensed Insolvency Trustee can give advice on debt consolidation and credit counseling. If necessary, a LIT can begin the bankruptcy process. Our Trustee can meet with you in Yellowknife to discuss your options and develop a plan to get you headed in the right direction financially. Want to avoid a bankruptcy? LITs are also qualified to file a proposal to help you deal with your debt. LITs can assist with filing either a Consumer Proposal, or a Division 1 proposal, both of which can usually consolidate debt into one affordable payment and make the annoying creditor phone calls stop. Worried about what these options might do to your credit? Since every case is unique, an LIT can explain what your credit score is, how your current debt is affecting it, and which option will get you on the road to credit recovery.

Licensed Insolvency Trustees are professionals

Licensed Insolvency Trustees are professionals. We will listen to your situation, and work with you to find the best option to solve the financial problem. We won’t judge you, or your choices, so you can feel at ease discussing your situation with us. Solving financial problems often involves changing more than just spending habits, and we want to help. We can be available evenings and weekends, as we know debt trouble doesn’t keep office hours. We can be reached by phone, email or text to answer your questions, and put your mind at ease.  While you might need to leave a message, our Licensed Insolvency Trustee will get back to you to answer your burning questions, just as soon as we can.

Wondering if you can file bankruptcy on your own?

In Canada, the only professionals allowed to file a bankruptcy on your behalf are Licensed Insolvency Trustees, and unlike say changing oil, or doing your income taxes, you absolutely MUST have the assistance of an LIT if you need to file a bankruptcy.

One more thing…..

A common question I hear is “how do Trustees get paid?” On most of the files we work on, Trustees are paid on a tariff basis, which means that the federal government determines when and how much a Trustee is paid for their work. Every LIT in Canada is paid in the same fashion, so that means when choosing an LIT, you need to find one you feel comfortable with, and who can work with you, on your schedule, and who can help you through the process, not the ‘cheapest’ one – there really is no such thing. For more on the tariff, click here.

Want to book an appointment to hear about your options? Fill in our Contact form, and we’ll reach out to you to discuss your situation, usually within a few hours. Have an urgent question? Text us at 204-809-8946.

Similar Articles